Work somewhere you enjoy
We’re always on the look out for talented people to join our
team to nurture their skills and inspire others
Here at Macmarts
For us to create a working environment where people feel understood, respected and included, to ensure they have a personally rewarding and enjoyable career at Macmarts.
To fair-pay, family-friendly leave and benefit programmes that help people to create the right work/life balance. We also provide learning and development opportunities to help employees develop and reach their full potential.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion throughout our company. This includes the equal treatment of all of our employees, regardless of gender, ethnicity, race, age, disability, sexuality, gender identity, cultural background or religious beliefs.
Vacancy Department Location Status Action
Product Manager Product Limerick Full TimeView Close
We are looking for a Product Manager to join the team in a scale-up software company specialising in spend optimisation and project resource management solutions. The Product Manager will be working with a multidisciplinary team located in the new company headquarters in Castletroy, Limerick.
- Own the product vision and roadmap for the portfolio of products on the Macmarts platform
- Prioritise product features and capabilities
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements
- Research the market need for our products and conduct competitive analysis
- Act as product owner – owning the product backlog and participating in sprint planning
- Work closely with product designers
- Understanding and representing customer and user needs
- Creating high-level requirements to support agile teams and coordinate roadmap updates
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in software implementation life-cycle (Agile, Iterative and Incremental, Waterfall etc.)
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Ability to communicate software product features, technical designs, and product strategy effectively to both technical and non-technical teams.
- Deep understanding of software development platforms, web platforms, databases and/or software-defined infrastructure.
- Ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal supervision
- SaaS product experience
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and cloud and web technologies
- Experience of taking a new product to market
- Business Analyst experience
- 5+ years of experience in the technology industry in engineering and/or Product Management teams.
- Bachelor degree and/or equivalent experience in a field with a strong emphasis on technology and business
Full Stack Developer Software Development Hybrid – Limerick Full TimeView Close
We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the team in an exciting scale-up software company specialising in enterprise spend & project resource management solutions. Our platform is currently in use at a Fortune 500 global healthcare company.
Why should you consider this role?
- If you’re looking to solve interesting technical challenges, this is the role for you
- You will get the opportunity to influence the Macmarts platform to ensure that it is ready to meet technical and scaling challenges that future growth will bring
- You will get to build software that will run on Azure PaaS
- You will get to use the latest tech stack including REST Apis, .Net 6, Azure SQL, Dapper, NoSQL, Redis, Service Bus, Azure Functions, React, Jest and Moq
- You will get to work in an Agile Environment where automation is key (CI/CD pipelines, automated testing and code analysis).
- We’re rebuilding the platform – you will have the opportunity to shape our solution design and architecture.
- We have interesting technical problems to solve. Hard ones. Ones that will stretch your skills and continue to keep you interested.
- You will be working with our innovative Product team, contributing to feature solutioning and design.
- You will participate in all phases of software development: discovery (through technical spikes), design and implementation and production monitoring.
- You will contribute to and help drive Macmart’s technical roadmap – we don’t side-step technical debt!
Skills and experience
- We use .Net/C# as our primary back end languages and you’ll work in a REST based development environment
- We follow scrum so you’ll be involved in all SDLC stages from Sprint Zero through to-sprint retro’s
- You’ll be someone who likes to take the initiative on both a technical and (ideally to a degree) business front: remember the teams own the product here and you’ll want to be involved in its direction
- You’re ready to bring initiative & perseverance – to dig in and solve hard technical problems.
- And just as important as the tech skills – you’ll need to be a genuine team player – able and interested in leading on some initiatives, but working well with others towards our shared team goals.
What you’ll need
- We’re looking for a developer with 5+ years’ experience.
- Strong C#/.Net skills with a strong orientation to build clean performant, scalable, readable and testable code.
- Experience in Unit Testing using mocking frameworks with a tendency to TDD.
- Experience in database schema design and TSQL driven queries.
- Exposure to Single Page Application Frameworks (React, Angular, Vue).
- Experience in Git and Pull Request code reviews.
Nice to Have
- Experience delivering a SaaS multi-tenanted product
- Experience in Azure DevOps including CI/CD
- Experience in non-relational Databases
- An Interest in AI/ML
- Experience in data integration
Location & Travel
- Hybrid role – Castletroy, Limerick, Ireland
- We have flexibility on the number of days spent in the office